Register for this Event
14750 Conference Center Drive
Chantilly, VA 20151
The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association, Northern VA Chapter (AFCEA NOVA), with the Signal Corps Regimental Association (SCRA), is proud to host our 18th Army IT Day Friday, May 1, 2019 at the Westfields Marriott in Chantilly, VA.
Our 2019 theme is Network Enabling in a Dynamic Environment
This one-day conference will provide Army Senior-Leadership, Program Managers, and Acquisition Officials with an opportunity to brief industry on their vision, expectations for the future, and near term plans. This event will provide a forum for leadership to discuss the impacts of legislative changes for defense acquisition to close critical capability gaps, and implementing approaches to “Operationalize IT". Learn how industry can support filling capability gaps with Information Technology and related services, understand key drivers, and the perspective of Army and industry experts. The program will provide outstanding content as well as an excellent networking opportunity. Hear directly from senior-leaders to learn about:
- Strides the Army Futures Commands and Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) have made and top priorities and focus areas moving ahead
- How the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) ASA (ALT) plans to leverage acquisition vehicles like OTAs and buy, try, decide and approaches to accelerate acquisitions and fill critical Capability Gaps.
- Hear directly from Senior Acquisition Officials from ASA (ALT), and the Major Program Executives Offices including PEO-EIS, PEO-IEW&S, and PEO-C3T to gain an understanding of their priorities and acquisition plans
- How to best position your company in support of Army requirements and with potential teaming and business partners
- Expected Program funding and funding priorities
Leadership is expected to address:
- Their top priority warfighting and acquisition challenges
- Expectations for solutions from Information Technology and the IT community
- Efforts to increase the speed of acquisition while improving efficiency and effectiveness
- New and continuing efforts to spur innovation throughout their organizations and ultimately to the battlefield
- Successes and challenges of a mutually supportive partnership with industry to support the warfighter
- Special topics in hot trends such as cybersecurity, cloud, mobility, architecture, automation and data analysis
Keynote Address (Invited / Confirmed participants)
Hear from, Undersecretary of the Army, ASA (ALT), Futures Command, G6, Network CFT and PEO-EIS leadership on challenges, direction and opportunities.
- LTG Bruce Crawford, Army CIO/G-6 (Invited)
- LTG Paul Ostrowski, Principal Military Deputy to the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) and Director of the Army Acquisition Corps (Confirmed)
- MG Peter Gallagher, Army Futures Command, Director, Army Network Cross Functional Team (Invited)
- MG David Bassett, Program Executive Officer for Command, Control, Communications- Tactical (PEO C3T) (Confirmed)
- Ms. Cherie Smith: Program Executive Officer, Enterprise Information Systems (Invited)
Panel Discussion with Network CFT, Cyber CoE and PEO C3T
Driving Army Network Modernization Strategy The panel will discuss how the CFT is conducting experimentations and demonstrations of proven joint and special operations solutions, commercial off the shelf (COTS) technology, and Non-developmental items (NDIs) with operational units to inform future requirements; and how the Network CFT is working by, with, and through their Centers of Excellence (CoE) and Program Executive Office (PEO) partners.
Connecting One on One with PEO-EIS Project Managers
Come meet PEO PM’s at our “Speed Dating” session in the afternoon. Your chance to meet and learn more about their needs and your solutions for mission success.
Doing Better Business with Small Business Panel
Join us as we will discuss how small businesses tackle addressing the Government’s common process of requirements gathering, market research, business case analysis, contracting vehicle selection and the acquisition process. We will also address common mistakes made by industry in; preparing for the response, teaming, past performance, and response compliance.
Don't miss an opportunity to be a key participant in this year's Army IT Day! Register today and secure your free table during this networking session. You just may find yourself brokering the ideal partnership for your next winning bid!
You must have at least one person from your company officially registered to attend the full Army IT Day event to be eligible to sign up for a Small Business Networking Session/Small Business Lounge table.